The Divorcerer Speaks: Top 7 Thanks (giving) for the Divorce
With the official kick-off to the Holiday season next week, I would like to draw your attention to the positives that can come from divorce, a “Thanks (giving),” if you will. While there is always so much negative attention and energy often put into and surrounding divorce, it can sometimes be a good thing to step back and consider all of the positive things that can come out of a divorce.
Here are the top 7 comments that I hear most of all:
- Thank you for the financial independence and knowledge about my finances.
- Thank you for guiding me in making the best decisions for my children.
- Thank you for finding the right people to create my support system through and after the divorce (therapists, counselors, realtors, financial advisors and the like).
- Thank you for working to meet my goals in the most cost-effective and time-sensitive path possible.
- Thank you for just listening to me through ups and downs while being able to take what I am saying and use it in a positive way for strategic planning in my divorce.
- Thank you for knowing when to be tough and when to back down, even when I didn’t know.
- Thank you for walking WITH me from start to finish and then congratulating me when it was over and time for me to move on.