January 27, 2022 - By Jennifer Ward
The Era of Zoom Court Proceedings: Top 7 Tips for Successful Court Appearances
- Make sure to have all of the zoom court login information and necessary password prior to any scheduled zoom court appearance
- Settle into a private location with a neutral background for the zoom court proceeding
- Login at your scheduled time
- Make sure your video is on, your microphone is muted, and your name (or case name and/or number is visible)
- When your case is called by the Judge or the Judge’s clerk, be prepared to actively listen.
- Do not speak unless the Judge or attorney directs a question to you that requires a response; at that time, unmute your microphone and respond (turn off the microphone when your statement is concluded). Similarly, do not engage in any written messages or replies on the public zoom forum or to the Judge, staff, other party, or attorneys.
- Maintain the same decorum and appearance as though you were present in a live, in-person courtroom at all times